If you think back to your childhood, I am sure you remember your parents saying…”Just because everyone else is doing it, does not mean you have to do it too.”
For most of us, this statement was something we heard quite often. Little did we know that when it comes to home ownership this sage advice does not hold true. In fact doing what everyone else is doing is not a bad thing, especially when it comes to home maintenance and possibly increasing your home’s value.
Before a potential buyer views the inside of your home, he or she will see the exterior of your home as well as your neighbors. Realtors call this, “neighborhood’s curb appeal”. Consider the following factors:
- Landscaping: Colorful flowers, new mulch or pine straw, manicured lawns
- Cleanliness: No debris around the house
- Home exterior: Neat appearance, no dirt buildup on siding or walkways, chipped paint, missing shutters
- Street view: Cars parked on street or driveway rather than in garage
Although you may not be able to control how your neighbors’ home look, maintaining your own home should be at the top of your list.
Should you do some upgrades?
One of the best things a seller can do to increase the value of their home is to start on a few home improvement projects. The following are some surprising upgrades that pack a large return for your investment:
- Install a Steel Door
– Aside from safe communities, buyers also want safe homes. Steel doors offer a feeling of security and protection, and will give you an impressive ROI of 101.8 percent.*
- Add a Wooden Deck
– Wooden decks are ideal for outdoor spaces. They make the home feel larger and typically cost less than brick patios, with an ROI of 80.5 percent.*
- Other Upgrades You Should Consider:
– updating your kitchen tile backsplash
– repaint the exterior and interior of your home
– replace your kitchen or bath fixtures
When you’re ready for your next move, call us to discuss home improvements that will add value and make your home stand out among the competition.
Top Level Real Estate Group are your local, Metro Atlanta experts. Teamwork gets the job done!
If you are interested in purchasing or selling a home, contact us today to learn more about how we can assist your Real Estate needs: email@example.com